Marketing and Promotion Internship
Learnlife’s vision is to inspire all people to love learning, flourish in life, and co-create an inspiring future. Hundreds of people visit Learnlife every year to see how we’ve put this vision into practice. Yet, not everyone can afford the trip to Barcelona, which is why Learnlife’s Director of Learning & Innovation has written a book that provides practical steps for educators and school leaders worldwide to partake in this vision.
We aim to distribute one-hundred-thousand copies of the book, in hopes of inspiring global educators to take at least one step toward the learning revolution. The book will be free to all, with the option to donate. Our hope is to raise €500,000 through these donations to support social and environmental impact projects in Rwanda.
Role Description: We are looking for a dynamic and creative Book Marketing and Promotion Intern to join our team. In this role, you will focus on all aspects related to marketing, promotion, and engagement for our book project. Your primary responsibilities will include:
Website Management and Online Sales:
- Purchase the domain name for the book's website.
- Collaborate with a website developer to design, develop, and maintain the website.
- Implement payment integration for purchasing or donating on the website.
- Develop a strategy to collect email addresses from book downloads.
- Create and manage a newsletter subscription system for email updates and collection.
Promotion and Engagement:
- Develop email campaigns to reach Learnlife’s network of educators.
- Craft personalized emails to the author’s contacts to promote the book.
- Collaborate with the Learnlife marketing team to ensure anyone contacting Learnlife receives a copy of the book.
- Reach out to education publications and networks to promote the book.
- Design and execute social media campaigns to engage the online audience.
- Create video content to enhance website engagement.
- Investigate the possibility of organizing a TED Talk for further promotion.
- Establish a monthly newsletter to provide ongoing updates to the book's audience.
- Manage the creation and distribution of podcasts to promote the book.
- A degree or relevant experience in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Strong organizational skills, creativity, and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- An interest in the publishing, education, and nonprofit sectors.
This internship offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the success of a meaningful book project while gaining experience in various aspects of book marketing and promotion. If you are eager to learn and ready to take on diverse challenges, we encourage you to apply and be part of this exciting endeavour.
While we plan to grow quickly and, as such, new roles will inevitably come open, we can make no promises of a job after your internship and we like to discourage people from interning who are thinking in that direction. If you want to join us to learn and grow, perfect! If your enjoyment of the experience is contingent on gaining employment, then this probably is not the internship for you. Internships are unpaid at Learnlife.
(Time needed: It would be a minimum of 3 months, 20 hours minimum per week and it can be done in person or remotely)