Next Generation Secondary Teacher (Literacy)
Are you passionate about working with 12-19 year olds? Has the experience of teaching in a traditional context driven you to the point of leaving teaching? Then, this may be the role for you ...
Learnlife is seeking a multi-talented Learning Guide to grow our secondary and high school age program.
Our focus is on literacy.
Learnlife’s mission is to create a paradigm shift in learning worldwide. We are creating a new learning model that empowers happy, lifelong learners, and is responsive to the needs and preferences of today’s and future generations. Get a glimpse of how we learn here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPQ5_p-3NCA
You will play a vital role as a learning guide. Your involvement will be instrumental in growing and executing our vision for middle and high school years learning.
This is not a traditional teaching position. There are no classes or grades or curriculum. Our learning guides co-design passion projects and learning experiences, facilitate nature- and discovery-based workshops, provide one-on-one accompaniment, and collaborate with our many partners to craft a purpose-inspired, experiential and community-engaged learning experience for all our learners.
This is a start-up! So we are looking for someone who is collaborative, communicates well, understands the importance of strong personal relationships and who thrives in a fast-paced, innovative and agile environment.
In your role, you will:
- Act as a guide, coach, mentor, counsellor, passion pusher, facilitator, curator, and whatever else our learners need us to be for them.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional, agile team that develops engaging, effective learning experiences.
- Collaboratively design and participate in training and coaching sessions for learning guides and partners who work with our learners.
- Parent communication and engagement
- Co-develop systems for progress monitoring, authentic assessment, and learning interventions.
- Presentations and communication to prospective families.
- Stay current with trends, leading neuroscience and innovations, and research in learning science, instructional media, and learner behaviour.
- 3-5 years experience working with 12-19 year olds, most of which is in innovative learning environments
- C2 level of English is a must, Spanish would be nice to have
- You have a specialism in Literacy
- Experience in developing and implementing learning experiences from ideation through implementation and analysis.
- Ability to quickly connect and build trust with adolescents.
- Experience in supporting teenage learners: guiding, facilitating, mentoring, counselling, tutoring, etc. At the core of all of these is the capacity to build strong, positive relationships, and to identify what role you need to play for each learner.
- Capacity to draw from a wide variety of learning methodologies and apply them appropriately based on the context and the learner.
- Ability to work collaboratively and creatively in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Willingness to learn from failure, ask for help when you need it, embracing an iterative process.
If you are up for your next challenge, please apply with
- your CV and/or portfolio,
- a brief letter (no more than one typed page) that outlines your vision for a day in the life of a learner in Learnlife's middle years or high school program,
- a short 2 minute video that introduces you, your interest in the position and your passion as an educator. PLEASE upload your video as a URL in the provided space.
At Learnlife, our culture of creativity and innovation is predicated on a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to creating an inclusive community where difference is valued. Everyone is unique and celebrated at Learnlife. All members of our community--families, learners, core team, partners, investors--feel safe to be their authentic selves.