School Principal/Hub Lead, nature based learning
Are you passionate about working with 6-11 year olds? Has the experience of teaching and leading schools in a traditional context driven you to the point of leaving the traditional system? Or maybe you’ve already left and are working in an innovative learning community. If so, then this may be the role for you ...
Learnlife is seeking a multi-talented Hub Lead/Principal/Director to co-create and improve our primary age program.
Learnlife’s mission is to create a paradigm shift in learning worldwide. We are creating a new learning model that empowers happy, lifelong learners, and is responsive to the needs and preferences of today’s and future generations. Get a glimpse of how we learn here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPQ5_p-3NCA
In your role, you will:
- Develop a ‘lighthouse’ learning community capable of inspiring everyone to gain and support a vision for nature-based learning communities.
- Be the public facing representative and “go-to person” for the Eco Hub.
- Lead the EcoHub project in all aspects connected to the vision, daily operation and systems, direction, team wellbeing, learner support, learning programmes, and parent communications, with the goal of developing a vibrant and sustainable learning community on site.
- To advocate for the resourcing needs of the operation and space logistics.
- To lead in an intentionally collaborative manner and mindset, ensuring that all team members are involved, capable of taking up aspects of shared leadership.
- To stay very connected and aligned to the wider vision of learning as evident in the Learnlife Hubs.
- To promote a process of collective envisioning as we put more ‘Eco’ into the EcoHub.
- To assess the intake needs for learners and ensure the EcoHub maintains a sustainable balance of learner needs.
- Translates the magic of the EcoHub to material that can be used by B2B trainers.
- Roll up your sleeves and jump in with the learners when needed.
The ideal start date is late August 2022.
- 5-15 years of experience in primary schools, starting as a teacher and having spent a minimum of 5 years in middle management roles such as director of learning, head of studies, or principal.
- Fluency in English and ideally also Spanish, if not willingness to quickly learn.
- You bring experience in innovative learning environments and understand the urgency of education transformation.
- You are a people person with experience in leading teams.
- You have a love of ecology/sustainability and are an Eco Champion at heart.
- You have an optimistic mindset and love order and administration.
- You love the inspiration of children and their capacity to change the world.
- You are able to work collaboratively and can co-create together with the team effective, creative learning experiences.
- You can assess all situations with sensitivity to the people and their needs.
If you are up for your next challenge, please apply with
- your CV and/or portfolio,
- a brief letter (no more than one typed page) that outlines your vision for a day in the life of a learner in Learnlife's primary program,
- a short 1 minute video that introduces you, your interest in the position and your passion as an educator. PLEASE upload your video as a URL in the provided space.
At Learnlife, our culture of creativity and innovation is predicated on a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to creating an inclusive community where difference is valued. Everyone is unique and celebrated at Learnlife. All members of our community--families, learners, core team, partners, investors--feel safe to be their authentic selves.