Workshop 1: From Inspiration to Action: Developing a strategic roadmap
This workshop will be helping participants articulate a clear vision for their community and then following some practical steps to create an action plan - strategic roadmap.
What is your vision statement for learning?
- Understand clearly what a collective envisioning process involves
- Will understand why a collective envisioning process is more powerful that traditional vision statements
- Start to develop their own plan and strategy
Stephen Harris & Joyce Mininger
Workshop 2: Developing Capacity for Innovation: Training your people
A strategic roadmap needs to have a team who are capable of aligning with the vision and putting it into action. This workshop looks at some different ways different organisations have created training programs to support innovation.
- How do you find the best people?
- How do you keep the best people?
- How do you develop your people?
- Discover some innovative strategies for selecting team members
- Understand what an effective team should look like
- Start to develop strategies and plans for their own context in relation to developing people
Leticia Lipp & Stephen Harris
Workshop 3: Frameworks to enhance autonomous learning
People all over the world talk about students growing independent learning skills - but have few ideas around how to systematically do this. Like many other skills, autonomous learning can be nurtured by the consistent use of a framework that is understood and appreciated by everyone - learners and educators
- What is autonomous learning?
- Why is it an important goal?
- How do we grow autonomous learning skills in ourselves?
- How do we grow autonomous learning skills in learners?
- Be introduced to the Learnlife Stages of Autonomy framework
- Become conversant in how they might adapt the framework to suit their own context
- Understand how ‘soft skills’ can be developed in a sensitive and supportive manner, integrated into everything that is undertaken in the Hub programs
Joan Urgell & Stephen Harris